Top 10 things to do in and around The Hills this summer
1. Go fishing – head to the many spots on the beautiful Hawkesbury River.
2. Catch up with friends for Summer Sessions in the courtyard at Castle Hill RSL featuring live music every Friday night.
3. Take the kids to Golden Ridge Animal Farm at Dural. They can hold ducklings, chicks and rabbits, feed lambs and milk a cow.
4. Picnic on a private beach – head to Berowra Waters Marina, hire a dinghy or BBQ boat and head out to discover the many private beaches along the Hawkesbury and Pittwater. Grab yourself some boutique vino and some of the famous fish and chips from the Fish Cafe.
5. Take the family for a game or 2 at Dural Putt Putt. There are 2 x 18 hole courses and a cafe which also caters for birthday parties, corporate events and team building.
6. Vist a winery – yes you read right. The Hills area has 2 wineries that grow their own grapes and bottle their own wines. Complete with cellar door and stunning locations, head out and try a local drop. Visit Tizzana Winery at Ebenezer and Talai Estate at South Maroota.
7. Indulge in food and wine at one of Sydney’s best restaurants – Berowra Waters Inn (you’ll be picked up by boat to get there and back).
8. Spend the day at Tobruk Sheep Station and experience a little rural and outback entertainment and activities. You can also grab some friends and camp overnight as you sleep under the beautiful clear skies. Tobruk is located at Maroota.
9. Love to cook – check out Urban Graze, located in Kellyville, this is a cooking school which focuses on initmate, non intimidating classes with lots of options. Extremely popular, so get in early to secure your place.
10. Head to Peats Bite – this quaint restaurant is located on the Hawkesbury and is accessible from Berowra Waters or Brooklyn by boat. It’s a favourite of many celebrities and features fantastic food and service. After lunch, sit out on the lawn and listen to the live music, watch guests arrive and depart by beautiful boats or seaplane. Definitely a treat…….